Bee Sting First Aid

As the warmer weather brings us and our pets outside, it is important to know that bees, wasps, spiders, and other insects can all sting or bite your pet, but not all pets will have an allergic, life-threatening reaction. Stings in most pets cause mild swelling, redness, and discomfort which is self-limiting. Cool compresses to the affected area may speed up recovery. Some pets can develop an allergic reaction to these bites or stings which results in facial swelling, hives, difficulty breathing, or vomiting. If you notice these allergic reactions please seek emergency care immediately.

Still want to know more? Take a look at this Bee Stings 101 article.