For Our Cat Patients
Cats Need Care, Too
We know that it can be tough to get our feline friends in for a Wellness Exam. But even young indoor cats need to come in and get their nose-to-tail examinations at least once a year. Just like dogs, cats age more quickly than people — on average about seven years for each of our years.
Annual examinations can pick up any changes, such as a heart murmur, or kidney changes before they become serious. If caught early enough, medication can be added, or diet changed to prolong the life of your furry companion. Most importantly, cats are adapt at hiding illness and injury. So when you see them acting differently, it’s very important to bring them to one of our veterinarians for an exam. At Aston Veterinary Hospital we take special care to make sure your cat will have the best visit possible.
Here are some tips for how the make the trip easier for you and your cat:
- Choose a cat carrier with a top that easily opens or lifts off.
- Keep the carrier out in the open in a safe place so your cat can adjust to going in and out. Throw treats inside from time to time to give your cat a treat for going in.
- Feed your cat inside the carrier.
- When your cat looks comfortable, start taking him or her on a tour of the house. When that feels good, start with short trips in the car.
- Make the trip as rewarding as possible. Offer treats and calming language. Keep the loud music and sharp turns to a minimum, especially during the first few trips.
- When you make your trip to our hospital bring along a favorite toy and/or a blanket with familiar smells.
- Most important: keep your cool! Cats can sense our emotions, if you’re calm, it will help them feel better, too.
Stay up to DateRead Our Blog
What Makes Us Your Best Choice
Seven Decades of Service
We have been proudly serving our community with the highest level of care for more than seven decades, put your pet in our experienced hands.
At Aston Veterinary Hospital we understand how hard it is when your beloved pet is sick, we are committed to treating every animal as if it was our own.
Real Stories from Real OwnersOur Reviews
“Everyone is concerned and friendly and both dogs were well taken care of. Thanks!”- Susan C.
“Nikki & Boomer are in good care when they visit Aston Vet. They are both seniors and you give them the best care.”- Elizabeth & J.
“The staff at Aston Veterinary Hospital is exceptional.”- Maureen S.