The Pennsylvania Veterinary Medical Association (PAVMA) shares the following information about dog licenses.
- All dogs three months or older must be licensed by Jan. 1 of each year.
- An annual license is $8.45 and a lifetime license is $51.45. If the animal is spayed or neutered, the annual fee is $6.45 and lifetime is $31.45. Discounts are available to older adults and people with disabilities.
- All dogs and non-feral cats three months of age and older must be vaccinated against rabies. Booster vaccinations must be administered periodically to maintain lifelong immunity.
- Violators can be cited with a maximum fine of $300 per violation plus court costs.
- Licenses may be purchased through your local county treasurer, and in many areas at www.padoglicense.com.
For more information about the PAVMA, go to: www.pavma.org