Due to high demand, we have extended our Pet Dental Health Month discount! You can now schedule you pet’s dental appointment through March and receive 20% off. Appointments are filling up fast so call and schedule today.
Thank you everyone who worked so hard over the last few weeks! We passed our AAHA accreditation again!
AAHA has developed a set of accreditation standards that are widely used as benchmarks to measure excellence in veterinary medicine. Very few veterinary hopsitals are able to claim this status.
To learn more about what makes this accreditation special, go to: https://www.aahanet.org/Default.aspx
Our ultrasound machine produces images that are simply spectacular. The machine, a GE Logiq P3 Vet, allows us to diagnose diseases of the heart and abdominal organs (liver, kidneys, spleen), urinary bladder and gastrointestinal tract (stomach and intestines). We can also use it to obtain urine samples via cystocentesis and to diagnose pregnancy.
The machine produces an amazing image that makes it easier for us to interpret normal versus abnormal. The server also allows us to transmit the studies to a specialist quickly and easily so we can have a cardiologist or radiologist assist us with those interpretations.
The procedure is non-invasive and rarely requires sedation so it is very safe for your pet.
New studies suggest that good dental care can add up to five years to your pet’s life. Dental care is one of the most overlooked areas of pet health. More than 70 percent of cats and 80 percent of dogs show signs of oral disease by the age of three. Dental disease doesn’t affect just the mouth. It can lead to more serious health problems including heart, liver and kidney disease.
Preventative care including frequent brushing, the use of dental rinses in the drinking water and prescription diets can keep your pets teeth healthy. These things should be started at a young age to ensure success.
Our hospital provides total dental care. Under general anesthesia, our veterinary staff scale and polish your pet’s teeth and extract them if necessary.
The program works like this: every time you refer a new client, the new client gets a free exam and $20 towards medical services and you get $20 in credits towards future medical services!
Aston Veterinary Hospital offers boarding to existing clients of our hospital. Your pet’s health is of upmost importance and is monitored daily by our veterinary staff.
We offer both long- and short-term boarding for dogs and cats. Pets that need daily medication are welcome and our trained veterinary staff will administer all medications.
Pet baths and nail trims are also available
For our clients: Please be aware that the Pennsylvania Dog Warden requires that all dogs that board have a current dog license on file. If not they can be subject to a $300 fine from the state. Wardens make routine inspections of our kennel, so it’s important that you make sure your pets’ licenses are up to date, and that a copy of the license is on file with the hospital.
Here is more information on obtaining a license in Delaware County.
We are looking for a groomer at Aston Vet. Please send your resume and any questions about the position to Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Karen Moyer has been leading our team for 24 years and we wouldn’t be where we are today without her! Karen and her husband Ron have three sons, Kevin, Tom and Keith and three granddaughters, Reese, Sophia and Olivia. We interviewed her recently so that we all could get to know a little more about her.
- Where are you originally from?
- Springfield, PA
- How long have you been at the Hospital?
- 24 years
- Where did you/do you go to school?
- Cardinal O’Hara
- Describe your role in the area pet community?
- Office Manager at AVH
- What would you say is the most important impact that our hospital has?
- Our staff and the programs that we offer
- What would you say was the one greatest pet related, community accomplishment that you have had?
- The clients make donations that help feed animals in local shelters and rescue organizations.
- At what point in your life did you realize that you had such a deep connection with pets?
- My very first pet. I wanted a lamb and I got a Jack Russell Terrier named Jingles.
- List your pets and names throughout the years (including childhood ones):
- Jingles, Buffy, Noname, Phillip, Jeremy, Michael, Sheba, Abby, Arthur, Kathy, Crystal, Maggie, Max, Roscoe,Bailey, Ryan, Boots, Harry, Humphrey, Sasha, Pedro and BoBo the Iguana.
- What kind of food do you feed your pets?
- Hills Prescription and Hills Science Diet
- What is your favorite movie?
- The Replacements
- What kind of music do you like?
- What was the last book that you read?
- Marley & Me
- What is your favorite TV show?
- Where was your last vacation?
- Jersey Shore
- What is your favorite restaurant?
- Ruby Tuesday
- Describe your perfect sandwich:
- Turkey, Cheese, Lettuce, tomato, and pepper
- If you could meet with anyone in the world, who would it be?
- Rod Brind’Amour
- Other personal facts or hobbies that you think might be interesting:
- Tomatoes are my favorite food ever! I eat them like apples!